Kent Sanders was on episode 9, talking about how to use Evernote to simplify your life. This week, Kent joins me in talking about writing (journals, books, blogs, etc.). He also has
Here’s how you can connect with him:
- Twitter: @kentsanders
- Podcast: The Artist’s Suitcase
Seeing that his blog and podcast is called “The Artist’s Suitcase,” I start by asking him what an artist is.
What are some different ways of writing that you use?
What are some benefits that you’ve had with writing?
- Clarify ideas
- Share your ideas
- Connect and engage with people
What tips would you have for someone wanting to start writing?
- Just do it and stop wait
- Find a way to get your stuff out there
- Learn the craft of writing
How would you define “Quality Living”?
- Having the love and respect of those closest to you
- Knowing what your purpse, passion, and gifts are
- Not: Looking for satisfaction in the wrong areas
What are some simple tools or practices that you use to work toward a better quality of life?
- Resolving conflict with people
Can you describe a failure you’ve had and how you were able to overcome it?
- Student reviews – “How was this class? How was I as a teacher? …”
What are a couple resources you would recommend?
- “Writing Riches” by Ray Edwards
- “$100 Startup” by Chris Gillebeau
- The Fizzle Show (Fizzle.co)
0 comments on “Why You Should Stop Waiting to Write | Kent Sanders (#045)”
Joshua, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to interview me! I really appreciate the opportunity and had a blast, as always!
The pleasure was mine! Glad to have the discussions about writing, as well as your new system.