In episode #011, I interviewed Dan Miller about pursuing work you love. Part of the discussion included parts of his recent book, Wisdom Meets Passion.
We didn’t talk about education in the podcast, but he outlines 10 simple steps to advance your education without acquiring massive student loan debt. Here’s a basic outline of his list:
- Read (or listen to) at least twelve great books.
- Attend 3 or 4 seminars.
- Subscribe to at least two great magazines.
- Listen to 3 or 4 informational podcasts and read 3 or 4 blogs each week.
- Get involved in a social networking community like 48days.net.
- Reach out to help someone else.
- Acquire at least one new skill this year.
- Become comfortable with your presentation skills.
- Design your own health and fitness program.
- Plan two trips this year.
Question: Do you have any additional low cost ways to improve your education?