In this episode, I reflect on risk. We face risks all the time. Sometimes the risks are small. Sometimes they are huge. We need to learn to properly handle risk.
In Jon Acuff’s book “Quitter,” he has a chapter devoted to facing risk in light of pursing your dream job. Risk brings fear with it, which he also deals with in his newest book, “Start.” These principles of facing risk also apply to every area of our lives.
Here are some highlights from this chapter in his book:
- “Every dream has risk associated with it.”
- “90 percent perfect and shared with the world always changes more lives than 100 percent and stuck in your head.”
- “You have the perfect amount of time each day for the things that matter most.”
Here are some other posts I’ve done regarding pursuing your dreams:
- Pursuing Work You Love – with Dan Miller (Podcast episode #011)
- Lessons from Joseph the Dreamer
- You’re Living in a Dream World
- What’s Your Dream?
Questions: Are you getting paralyzed by the risks you face? Do you have anything that helps you conquer the fear?