Jon Acuff is one of the speakers on Dave Ramsey’s team. He speaks across the country, has written several books, and continues to share great things on his blog and social media networks. Also, check out NoMoreVoices.com and StartConference2013.com
Jon took a little time to talk with me and answer several questions in a lightning-round fashion.
Here are the questions that were submitted, and we were able to tackle all of them!
- “How can you get your spouse on the right side of your dream?” – Lily Krietinger
- “It’s been great to watch how Dave has served, mentored, and supported Jon. How has Dave’s influenced impacted the way Jon is serving and mentoring new leaders?” – Michael Nichols
- “Jon, as you visit with folks, what is the biggest obstacle they encounter when trying to achieve their dreams and goals, and how can it be overcome?” – Mark Sieverkropp
- “If you had to do the last 5 years over, A) what would you do differently and B) what would you tell yourself 5 years ago, pending successful time travel invention of Dr. Emmet Brown” – Alex Barker
I was also able to ask him these questions:
- What do you do and how did you get there?
- How would your wife describe you?
- How do you balance work and family, especially with traveling and speaking?
- You share tons of advice for people looking to pursue their dream job, what would be the top 3 things you would suggest for people to do to get started?
There was also some discussion about public displays of affection, Flat LoCurto, and Chris LoCurto (the 3D version of Flat LoCurto)!
Also, in Jon’s book “Start.” he tells a story about a plane ride he took. As he was talking with a couple ladies, he happened to have a copy of his book “Quitter,” so he gave it to them. He says this about that time:
I promise, I don’t do that every time I fly. I don’t wear cargo pants full of my books and then say, “Oh, what’s this? How did this get in my pocket? That’s crazy!”
Well, it seems that he has some books in his cargo pants today! (Click to Tweet that!) He is giving away a couple copies of “Start.” Here’s what you need to do to qualify:
- Listen to the episode. No seriously – you HAVE to listen to it!
- Leave a comment below. Share your story. Share what you’re working toward. Something.
- Fill out this form. (This form will enter you, and you’ll be added to the e-mail list for this blog and to Jon Acuff’s blog)
- Tell you Twitter friends out there! No Twitter, copy this into your other social media: “Here’s your chance to win a free copy of @JonAcuff’s book “Start.” SimpleLiving.us/021 via @JoshuaWRivers” (or something similar will work)
That’s all! I’ll do a random drawing from those that complete these simple steps on July 17. The winners will be notified via e-mail.
Comment below! Have you Started? What are you doing to get Started? Have you become a Quitter? How else has Jon influenced you?