It is time to be looking at goals for the next year. Dan Miller suggests starting mid-November (so I’m a little late on this). I have not personally set goals in such a way before the start of the year, but there’s no reason to wait.
I am using Zig Ziglar’s Wheel of Life, as promoted by Chris LoCurto. I am identifying several specific things in each area to work on, setting specific goals. I will probably be adding to these and clarifying them more over the next couple weeks.
- Read through Bible
- Start and keep a prayer journal
- Participate regularly in the visitation program
- Exercise at least 3 times a week
- Stop drinking pop, except for special occasions
- Learn and adapt better eating habits
- Lose 20 pounds by February; another 20 pounds by April
- Read at least 20 books
- Continue taking college classes
- Have at least 2 family “outings” a month
- Have a family vacation in the summer
- Regularly post 3 times a week on blog
- Have 500 Twitter followers by June
- Invite another family over once a month
- Build up “Qualiplicity” to $2,000/month by April
- Learn Ruby by April
- Get “Gradebook Flex” up and running by April
- E-books: “Founded Upon a Rock” by February; “Looking Unto Jesus” by April; “Nothing Undone” by June
- Make $100,000/year household salary by end of the year
- Have $12,000 emergency fund by June
Question: Have you started laying out and defining goals for 2013?